Chrome Extensions of the Month - August 2022
5 min read
In this article, I will suggest to you some of the best extensions you need to install for better productivity that can come in very handy. So without further due, let's get into it.
Clipt creates a link between all of your devices to increase productivity. Seamlessly and safely send text, photos, and files over the cloud by synchronizing your clipboard. It’s as easy as copying on one device and pasting on another and works in the background.
- Seamlessly link multiple devices across Ecosystems for increased productivity
- Transfer data with confidence knowing it’s on your Google Drive
- Transfer text, images, and even files
- Search the recent history of your shared clipboard
Clipt doesn’t see what you send as it uses your Google Drive and only transfers a way to identify the file. Keeping your information safe within the Google Cloud.
I'm Feeling Lucky - Skip search
This extension allows you to skip the search result page and take you directly to the most relevant result. It also offers some shortcuts to navigate the Search Results page. You just need to type "go" and then enter the word you want to search such as "LinkedIn". It will take you directly to linkedin.com (Skipping Search Results).
- Takes you the most relevant result directly
- Keyboard shortcut: Press '1' - '9' on the Google search result page to go directly to the result link (1 is the top result)
- Deep integration with Google search to provide the highest quality result
- Autocomplete suggestions with personalized query suggestions powered by Google search
Download: I'm Feeling Lucky
Checkbot is a powerful website testing tool that tells you how to improve the SEO, page speed, and security of your website. Checkbot crawls 100s of pages at the same time checking for 50+ common website problems based on web best practices recommended by Google and Mozilla.
- 📊 SEO TESTS
- 🚀 PAGE SPEED TESTS
- 🔒 WEB SECURITY TESTS
This extension allows you to Add, modify, and remove request and response headers. You can also use ModHeader to set X-Forwarded-For, Authorization, Access-Control-Allow-Origin, etc.
- Add, modify, and remove request and response headers
- Use ModHeader to set X-Forwarded-For, Authorization, Access-Control-Allow-Origin, etc.
- Modify cookies in the request/response header
- Redirect URL with another
- Enable header modification by URLs
- Advanced filtering by tab, tab group, or window
A modern look for Chromium's scrollbar. Compatible with light and dark modes. Have a nice, thin, modern scrollbar. The modern scrollbar works with the dark mode of most websites. This extension is extremely lightweight, it does not slow down your browser.
- Light Weight
- Give a modern look to your scrollbar
- Compatible with light and dark modes
Download: Modern scrollbar
Google Dictionary (by Google)
This extension helps you to view definitions easily as you browse the web. You just need to double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble. It also keeps track of the words that you've looked up, so you can practice them later.
- Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble.
- View the complete definition of any word or phrase using the toolbar dictionary.
- Store a history of words you've looked up, so you can practice them later.
Download: Google Dictionary
I have used many extensions that allow you to inspect CSS. So far this one is my favorite. It has a very simple, clean, and modern UI. It allows you to inspect the CSS of any element in the webpage along with
hover styles. You can download Images from the webpage, Inspect attributes, color palettes, etc.
- Get CSS Properties from any element by selecting it
- Get and edit element attributes
- Add your custom CSS to the website
- Get the color palette of the website
- Download images from the webpage
Download: Inspect CSS
Sometimes you visit a website and you be like... man it should have a TOC (Table of Contents) but unfortunately, it doesn't. That's where this extension comes in. This extension displays a table of contents for every website, making it easier to read/navigate long articles, documentation, and online books.
- Accurate article/headings detection
- Clean user interface
- Highlight the current heading
- Click to jump to the heading
- Panel can be dragged to the preferred position
- Only runs when you actually use it
Download: Smart TOC
Tired of having multiple tabs play audio simultaneously? Take back control of your audio experience with Smart Mute and listen to audio one tab at a time.
- Mute / Unmute Tab
- Add websites to your whitelist to ensure your listening experience never gets interrupted again.
- Add websites to the blacklist to block audio (some website have too many ads that plays automatically)
- Silent Mode prevents any audio from playing in your browser.
Download: Smart Mute
Listly-Free Data Scraper, Extractor
This extension allows you to turn Web pages into Excel data in seconds with just one click. It automatically extracts clean data and arranges them into rows and columns.
- Schedule a daily extraction
- Export Multiple pages into an Excel spreadsheet on Databoard
- Upload .html files to Fileboard
- Auto-Save while scrolling
- Select Proxy Server to change the IP address
- Extract Hyperlinks over the content
These were some extensions for this month (August 2022). You might have heard some before, but if you like anyone then don't forget to press ❤️. I have personally used all the above extensions and from my experience, every extension is worth installing.